A tilting tractor truck consists of a regular truck tractor that has been retrofitted on its back end with a hydraulic tilting system to lift any truck trailer (20′, 40′, 53′, etc.) attached to the truck tractor.
Basically, it turns any existing tractor truck into a tilting tractor.
- Depending on the size of the container, the tilting tractor truck can tilt a container from 35º degrees to 90º degrees.
- The tilting tractor truck is equipped with outriggers to provide extra stability during the tilting operation.
- The tilting tractor truck can be fitted with a single hydraulic lifting cylinder (20MT lifting capacity) or twin hydraulic cylinders (40MT lifting capacity).
- The hydraulic system is powered by the truck’s engine.
- 4-stage hydraulic lifting cylinders.
- Built-in oil tank, pump, filters, oil lines and a fifth wheel.
- Very low maintenance.
- Operable in uneven terrain.
- Heavy-duty, all-steel construction.
- Very compact design that neatly tucks away on the back of the tractor truck when not in use.
- It only adds about 1,800 kg in weight to the tractor truck.
Lowest investment tilting option. It turns your existing truck tractor into a tilting tractor truck.
Tilting tractor trucks consist of a regular truck tractor that has been retrofitted on its back end with a hydraulic tilting system to lift any truck trailer (20′, 40′, 53′, etc.) attached to the truck tractor.
- Double-function use: The tilting tractor truck can be used in regular mode to haul containers from and to the port and then tilt the container at the destination. The disadvantage of the double-function use is the cost of engaging specialized equipment, such as the tilting truck tractor, to use in standard haulage functions.
- Single-function use: The tilting tractor truck can be left stationary at the destination plant and limit its use to tilt only containers that are being delivered from the ports by the regular non-tilting trucks. The non-tilting trucks drop the full container and its trailer at the plant and pick up an empty container on its trailer to return it to the port. The tilting tractor truck remains on-site at the plant at all times and is dedicated to only tilt the full containers. The advantage of using the tilting tractor truck, in this dedicated function, is the lower operating cost of a special truck by not operating it in haulage mode only.
Unloading by Tilting
Ideal for Shipping